Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Is it time to dejunk your eating habits?

I had a rough few days at the weekend and felt really low. I found myself eating loads of junk food and feeling even worse! I was particularly annoyed with myself because in the last 5 months I've managed to break my comfort eating habit. So this seemed like real failure. However, I realised that what I was doing was stuffing my feelings - which actually achieved nothing.

On Monday I decided I wasn't going to give in to this whole comfort eating thing and was going to  lean fully on God and allow him to walk me through the pain, rather than use food to anesthetise it. I'm now monitoring myself and am back on track and eating more heathily again.

Our bodies are our temples so they need looking after and feeding with the right fuel. The odd treat is fine, but when junk takes over your life - it's time to dejunk!

7 comments:

  1. Good words, Liz. Amazing how many things we fill our life with instead of leaning on God. The only One who can and will help us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Patty. You're absolutely right!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this. I will keep an eye on this blog! I am beginning to realise more and more that I need to make a decision of my will to spend time with God that I would normally spend eating rubbish. I don't understand why I don't choose to go to God when He is the One who can help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this, Lynda. It's tough breaking habits and I'm not out of the woods yet. But I did have 3 months away in another country and that broke some of my bad habits.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stuffing ones feelings.... yeah, hearing you on that!
    You might enjoy this great talk (about numbing feelings etc)
    http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for suggesting it. I've seen it and recommended it to many folk. She is a wise lady, Brene Brown.

    ReplyDelete